Friday, March 14, 2008

Somebody sure owes me something

Kansas basketball fans are often accused of acting as if they are owed something. I can't deny it, I feel that way. Since KU won the title in 1988, KU fans have watched great team after great team fall short of an NCAA title. As evidence, I submit the chart below, which shows various statistics for every team that has made a Final Four appearance since 1990.* You can draw your own conclusions, but the way I see it, we are so due for a title.


We're looking at a probable #1 or #2 seed again this year when the bracket is announced in a couple days. Recent history certainly isn't on our side, but maybe this is our year. Rock Chalk.



* I make no promises to the exact accuracies of this data. I compiled it from a bunch of different sources and I know there are some inconsistancies. Generally, it's pretty close.


1 comment:

Jum said...

Awesome post. I could stare at that chart for hours and not get bored. Mississippi St. with almost as many wins as G'town? Minnesota actually had 7 first round picks? Only 5 tourney appearances for UNLV? I could go on forever.